Monday, March 30, 2009

I have been named a Goldwater Scholar!

(BULLETIN: drop your papers and coffee!)

The Goldwater Foundation finally released its list of 2009 Goldwater Scholars, and I am very honored to be on the list!

Official Press Release
2009 Scholars


As I only woke up a few hours ago, it has yet to really sink in that after more than a year and a half of applying, all of that work has finally come to fruition. From here, I am not sure what will happen; at the least, I suppose I will be recognized at the university-wide honors convocation, as well as the College of Science and Computer Science equivalents. My house representative Carl Levin is on the Goldwater committee, so I may be hearing from my congressman soon. *nervous chuckle*

A sincere thanks to all of the letter writers, advisers, admin staff, and most importantly the professors who have been patient with me in my short academic career.

(we now return to the regularly scheduled programming of paper reading)

EDIT: Posted on the homepage of CS Department. Yes I know my hair looks silly, get over it.

1 comment: