Friday, December 12, 2008

Why do Japanese clubs cost so much?

So finally, after a few months of waiting, there's an act worth going to a club for:

【AFTER DARK presents 2008 KITSUNE MAISON 6 Japan Tour in Sendai】

In other words, the owners of the Kitsune label are DJ'ing in Sendai tonight. The Kitsune label has brought bands like Digitalism, Simian Mobile Disco, Hot Chip, etc to the forefront of electro, so I was really looking forward to going to this.

Unfortunately, I lost track of the days, and its on TONIGHT. And, I've spent a few hundred dollars on discretionary stuff in the past few weeks. And nobody else wants to go, because it costs THIRTY FIVE dollars to get a DOS (day-of sale) ticket. This wouldn't be so bad, except that it almost always costs this much, whether or not they have resident (shitty) DJ's, or they have some of the best talent from France and Japan.

Disappointing.. I will not be going, and instead probably drinking with Adam&co. I want to test this new Miyagikyo whisky (non-vintage) that I finally managed to find today at Daiei. I'd explain the intricacies of Japanese whiskys later, as I would rather get to the task now instead of talking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment